QUIET STRENGTH: MEN'S BIBLE STUDY
SESSION 5: WHAT IS YOUR SIGNIFICANCE?
MARCH 23, 2015
THIS WEEK'S STUDY AND PREPARATION
- Read the “Study It” section on pages 53-56 of Quiet Strength: Men's Bible Study
- An excerpt:
If you hope to be effective at all, you had better make the most of what God has put before you right now. The wonderfully liberating truth is that you can live significantly today - no matter where you are what or what you are doing.
- Read Mark 10:17-31
- Then work through the following exercises, and share your responses in the comments section below:
- In verse 19, Jesus lists six of the Ten Commandments. What do the commandments He listed have in common, and why do you think Jesus chose these commandments?
- What is the "one thing" that the rich young man lacked (verse 21)? Why do you suppose this was a problem for that man?
- What does the rich young man's response in verse 22 have to do with significance?
- What do you think this account reveals about what God values? What does verse 31 say about significance?
- If Jesus were to tell you that you "lacked one thing," what would it be?
- Spend a few moments asking God to show you, then fill in the sentence below. When you're done, share what you discovered below as a comment.
________________ (your name) you lack only one thing: go and ________________________________ (what God is calling you away from). Then come follow me.
Join in the discussion by using the comments section below to post your responses to the questions on Page 56 of Quiet Strength: Men's Bible Study:
- What is getting in your way of living a truly significant life where you are at right now?
- How would your life be different if you did exactly what you wrote in the blanks above?
- What does the significance look like in your life?