QUIET STRENGTH: MEN'S BIBLE STUDY
SESSION 3: WHAT IS SUCCESS?
JANUARY 25, 2015
THIS WEEK'S STUDY AND PREPARATION
- Finish reading "Study It" on pages 35 - 37 of Quiet Strength: Men's Bible Study
- Read Acts 7:54-60
Acts 7:54-60 (NLT)
54 The Jewish leaders were infuriated by Stephen’s accusation, and they shook their fists at him in rage. 55 But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, gazed steadily into heaven and saw the glory of God, and he saw Jesus standing in the place of honor at God’s right hand. 56 And he told them, “Look, I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing in the place of honor at God’s right hand!”
57 Then they put their hands over their ears and began shouting. They rushed at him 58 and dragged him out of the city and began to stone him. His accusers took off their coats and laid them at the feet of a young man named Saul.
59 As they stoned him, Stephen prayed, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” 60 He fell to his knees, shouting, “Lord, don’t charge them with this sin!” And with that, he died.
"Study It" (Continued)
Use the comments section below to share your thoughts on the following:
- Is is possible that Stephen's story shows us that real and lasting success is found first in loving God and then in obeying Him?
- My guiding definition of success is....
In addition, respond to these questions in the comments section below:
- Do you think Stephen was a success? Why or why not?
- Stephen's experience emphasizes loving God and then obeying God as the ultimate success. Do you agree? Why or why not?
- If loving and obeying God are key components of success, how would you say you are doing?
Be In Touch
Give your Accountability Partner a call to ask what you can pray for. Also, pray for one another - that we each would have success as laborers, and not merely attenders, of Impact Church.