Quiet Strength: Men’s Bible StudySession 2: What Is Strength? December 14, 2014
This Week's Study and Preparation
"Think About It"
- Read “Think About It” on pages 21 - 23 of Quiet Strength: Men's Bible Study
- Complete the “strong men or women” exercise on page 22 of Quiet Strength: Men's Bible Study
- Use the comments section below to post your responses to one, or more, of the following statements and questions:
- Share a story about one of the people you listed that demonstrates that person's strength.
- Who are some historical figures or celebrities you would consider to be strong? What makes each of them strong?
- How does society define strength?
- How do you define strength?
- Under which definition do the people on your list fall? What about the historical figures or celebrities?
- What are some common myths or misperceptions about strength?
Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.
Matthew 6:33 (NLT)
And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul?
Matthew 16:26 (NLT)
Quiet Strength Reading
- Read Chapter Four: Putting God First in Quiet Strength
- Has there been a time in your life where where something, or someone, other than God occupied first place in your life? Share (below as a comment) your experience through this situation - realization, conviction, change, etc.
- Read Chapter Five: Leading to Lauren in Quiet Strength
- Do you have a humorous honeymoon or marriage story to share? Use the comments section below to do so (being sure not to embarrass your wife).
Be In Touch
It's not always easy or convenient to build a new relationship. Take a chance and give your Accountability Partner a call this week, even if you don't know them well or at all. Your conversation may be an encouragement for both of you.