Jesus came to save us.
“For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16)
Jesus Came to Save Us
GOD LOVES YOU!
With your family, read John 3:16 a bunch of times. Practice saying it out loud, too. God loves us, he sent his Son to save us, and if we believe in Jesus we’ll have eternal life with him.
Just so you really understand this verse, put your name in the blanks below:
“For God loved ________ so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that if __________ believes in him, __________ will not perish but have eternal life.”
Next, with your family, get a local phone book, and look at all the names inside.
• Can you find some names that you know?
• What’s the longest name you can find? The funniest? The strangest?
Then at dinner, discuss these questions:
• How did learning that God loves everyone change how you think about people?
• Sometimes we call the news about Jesus the good news.
• Why is it such good news?
• What can our family do to make sure that others hear the good news about Jesus?
Pick names from a phone book, and pray for them. Ask God to make sure those people understand how much he loves them. Then thank God for loving everyone.