Impact Kids - Impact Your Home 5.24.15
Preschool – 1st Grade: “Flip Flops” - Stories about when Jesus walked the Earth
Lesson: Jesus is Transfigured
Scripture: Luke 9:28-36
Key Verse: “And as he was praying, the appearance of his face was altered, and his clothing became dazzling white.” (verse 29)
Theme: God showed His power by making Jesus look pretty amazing. The way Jesus’ friends acted helps remind us that WE’RE AMAZED BY GOD’S POWER.
- What helps you see God’s power?
- Explain whether you see God’s power scary or exciting.
- What about God’s power amazes you?
Read: Matthew 17:1-8, Psalm 93:1-4
2nd – 5th Grade: “Tempest” – Stories about supernatural events
Lesson: Elijah Calls Fire from Heaven
Scripture: 2 Kings 1:1-17
Key Verse: “O man of God, please let my life, and the life of these fifty servants of yours, be precious in your sight.” (verse 13b)
Theme: Elijah stayed true to God by not letting anything distract him from delivering God’s message. Like Elijah, WE STAY TRUE TO GOD.
- What does it mean to stay true to God?
- How well do you think you stay true to God in real life?
- How will you hold tightly to God and his Word this week?
Read: 1 Samuel 15:22, Proverbs 3:5-6