Preschool – 1st Grade: “Flip Flops” ; Stories about when Jesus walked on Earth
Lesson: “Crowds follow Jesus”
Scripture: Mark 3:7-12
Key Verse: “Jesus withdrew with his disciples to the sea, and a great crowd followed,…When the great crowd heard all that he was doing, they came to him.” (verses 7, 8)
Theme: WE FOLLOW JESUS. And we can be glad we don’t have to fight through crowds to follow him! He’s always with us, and he can help us know the right things to do.
- Why would you OR wouldn’t you want to push through a crowd to see Jesus?
- What can you do to follow Jesus this week?
- What are some things about Jesus you want to copy?
- How can following Jesus help you or others be happy?
Read: Matthew 4:18-20, Mark 8:34, Luke 18:22, John 10:27
2nd – 5th Grade: “Tempest”; Stories about supernatural events
Lesson: “Samuel Calls for a Storm”
Scripture: 1 Samuel 12
Key Verse: “Only fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart. For consider what great things he has done for you.” (verse 24)
Theme: God wants us to worship and serve only him because he wants to be our only king. WE SERVE GOD, because nothing compares to him.
- What examples can you give of how people today worship or serve other gods?
- In what ways have you forgotten what God has done for you or not been grateful for his goodness?
- What do you think you can do to improve in either serving or praising God?
- What can you do this week to make sure you slow down and focus on serving only God?
Read: Joshua 22:5, 1 Kings 8:23, Matthew 22:37, Romans 14:18