Preschool – 2nd Grade “Flip Flops” – Stories about when Jesus walked on Earth
Lesson: “Jesus Says to Go and Tell”
Scripture: Matthew 28:16-20
Key Verse: “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” (verse 19)
Theme: Words are just one way to tell people about Jesus. We can show them who Jesus is by acting like him and showing his love. Whether we use words or not, WE TELL OTHERS ABOUT JESUS.
- Have you ever told someone about Jesus? If yes, explain.
- Besides using words, what are some ways we can tell others about Jesus?
- What sometimes gets in the way of us telling others about Jesus?
- What are you doing or where are you going that you could tell someone about Jesus this next week?
Read: Mark 16:14-16, Luke 24:44-47
3rd – 5th Grade: “Tempest” – Stories about supernatural events
Lesson: “The Sun Stands Still”
Scripture: Joshua 10:1-15
Key Verse: “The sun stopped in the midst of heaven and did not hurry to set for about a whole day. There has been no day like it before or since, when the Lord heeded the voice of a man, for the Lord fought for Israel.” (verses 13b, 14)
Theme: God has the power to deliver his people from dangerous situations. God will always be there to provide us with comfort in times of need. WE TELL GOD WHAT WE NEED, because we know he has the power to help us.
- What is something amazing you’ve asked God to do?
- What can you tell God you need that would help solve a current problem you have?
- How does it affect your faith and prayers knowing that God has the power to keep the sun from setting?
- What types of things do you worry about?
- Why is it important to tell God our needs if he already knows them?
Read: Matthew 6:25-33, 1 Peter 5:6-7