Preschool – 2nd Grade: “Flip Flops” – Stories about when Jesus walked on Earth
Lesson: “Jesus Clears the Temple”
Scripture: Matthew 21:12-17
Key Verse: “He said to them, It is written, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer,’ but you make it a den of robbers.” (verse 13)
Theme: Whether we’re happy or mad, we can show respect to God by listening to him and obeying him. WE RESPECT GOD no matter how we feel when we stick up for what’s right.
- What does the word respect mean to you?
- What are some ways you can show respect to God this week?
- When is it hardest for you to show respect to God?
- When people do bad things, how can you react to show respect to God?
Read: Romans 13:7b, 1 Peter 3:15
3rd – 5th Grade: “Tempest” – Stories about supernatural events
Lesson: “God Parts the Jordan River”
Scripture: Joshua 3; 4:15-24
Key Verse: “For the Lord your God dried up the waters of the Jordan for you until you passed over, as the Lord your God did to the Red Sea, which he dried up for us until we passed over, so that all the peoples of the earth may know that the hand of the Lord is mighty, that you may fear the Lord your God forever.” (Joshua 5:23-24)
Theme: God showed his power by holding back the Jordan River to let an entire nation cross on dry land. If he can do something that miraculous, we know he can hold back our problems and show his power to us. WE RESPECT GOD FOR HIS POWER!
- How has God been faithful to you?
- Explain whether you really believe God’s power is greater than your problems.
- What’s one way you’ll commit to showing respect for God’s power this week?
Read: Psalm 21:13, Psalm 68:33-35