Impact Kids - Impact Your Home 4.19.15
Preschool – 2nd Grade: “Flip Flops” – Stories about when Jesus walked on Earth
Lesson: “Jesus is Rejected”
Scripture: Mark 6:1-6
Key Verse: “And on the Sabbath he began to teach in the synagogue, and many who heard him were astonished, saying, “Where did this man get these things? What is the wisdom given to him? How are such mighty works done by his hands?” (verse 2)
Theme: We obey Jesus even when it’s hard
- How do you know if something is obedient or disobedient?
- What are some reasons the people in Jesus’ town may not have believed in him?
- What are some good things that can happen when we obey Jesus?
- How does God’s Word, the Bible, help us obey?
Read: Ephesians 6:1-4, Philippians 2:8-9, 1 Peter 1:14-16
3rd – 5th Grade: “Tempest” – Stories about supernatural events
Lesson: “Moses Uses a Bronze Snake”
Scripture: Numbers 21:4-9
Key Verse: “And the people came to Moses and said, “We have sinned, for we have spoken against the Lord and against you. Pray to the Lord, that he take away the serpents from us.” So Moses prayed for the people.” (verse 7)
Theme: Sometimes we get so wrapped up in our lives, we forget to look up and focus on God. This week remember that we pray to God for help.
- When has complaining led to trouble in your life?
- What’s something you need to pray for God’s help with?
- Explain whether you agree or disagree: God won’t help you if your problems are a result of sin.
Read: Matthew 6:9-13, Matthew 26:36-46