Impact Kids - Impact Your Home 3.8.15
Preschool – 1st Grade: “Flip Flops” – Stories about when Jesus walked on Earth
Lesson: “Jesus Prays in Gethsemane”
Scripture: Matthew 26:36-46
Key Verse: “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.” (verse 41)
Theme: Like Jesus, we know we can talk to God about anything at any time and in any place. That’s why WE PRAY.
- What does it mean to pray?
- How does praying help you grow?
- What’s something you’d like to “bloom” or grow out of praying to God?
- What kinds of things can you talk to God about when you’re by yourself?
Read: Psalm 69:13, Matthew 6:9-15, Romans 12:12, Philippians 4:6, 1 Thessalonians 5:17
2nd – 5th Grade: “Tempest” – Stories about supernatural events
Lesson: “Aaron’s Staff Buds”
Scripture: Numbers 17:1-11
Key Verse: “The next day Moses entered the tent and saw that Aaron’s staff, which represented the tribe of Levi, had not only sprouted but had budded, blossomed and produced almonds.” (verse 8)
Theme: Though we may not always understand God’s plans, we do know God loves us and cares about our troubles. And even in the hard times, God’s solutions can help us grow like the buds out of Aaron’s staff. Like Moses, WE TRUST GOD’S DECISIONS for our lives.
- Tell about a time you complained about someone in authority like a teacher or parent.
- How does respecting our parents and teachers show that you trust God?
- Why is it easy or hard for you to trust God when you don’t know what to do?
- How do you know you can trust God with your troubles?
Read: Isaiah 55:8-9, Nahum 1:7, Isaiah 26:4, Proverbs 3:5-6