Preschool – 1st Grade: “Flip Flops” – Stories about when Jesus walked on Earth
Lesson: “Jesus Dies on the Cross”
Scripture: John 19:17-37
Key Verse: “…he said, ‘It is finished,’ and he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.” (verse 30)
Theme: Jesus cleans up our messes so God forgives the sins of people who believe in him. Without Jesus’ forgiveness, we’d never be able to go to heaven. But WE BELIEVE JESUS FORGIVES US and that we’ll be with him in heaven someday.
- What are some sins, or bad things we do, that make God sad?
- Why is it important that God forgives you?
- Why is it important to tell others the good news about Jesus?
Read: Luke 23:44-47, Mark 15:33-39, Mark 10:45, John 3:16, 1 John 3:16
2nd – 5th Grade: “Tempest” – Stories about supernatural events
Lesson: “An Earthquake and Darkness at Jesus’ Death”
Scripture: Matthew 27:27-56
Key Verse: “And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice and yielded up his spirit. And behold, the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. And the earth shook, and the rocks were split.” (verses 50, 51)
Theme: God is doing amazing things even when our lives seem dark. Even in his darkest hour, when Jesus suffered and died on the cross, he was still the Son of God. When we suffer and go through hard times, Jesus is still the Son of God and worthy of our praise. WE PRAISE JESUS AS THE SON OF GOD!
- Why does it matter that Jesus is the Son of God?
- How, if at all, has knowing that Jesus is the Son of God changed your life?
- Even when things seem dark in your life, how can you praise Jesus?
Read: Luke 23:44-47, Mark 10:45, John 3:16, 1 John 3:16,