Impact Kids - Impact Your Home 3.22.15
Preschool – 1st Grade: “Flip Flops” – Stories about when Jesus walked on Earth
Lesson: “Jesus is on Trial”
Scripture: Luke 23:1-25
Key Verse: “and said to them, ‘You brought me this man as one who was misleading the people. And after examining him before you, behold, I did not find this man guilty of any of your charges against him.’” (verse 14)
Theme: Pilate and Herod had to choose whether to believe the people or to believe Jesus. That was a really difficult choice for them to make but they didn’t believe in Jesus. We follow Jesus because he loves us and he died for our sins. WE BELIEVE JESUS IS GOD.
- Spend some time as a family reading through all four accounts of Jesus’ trial.
- What are the similarities and differences you see between all four accounts.
- Amidst the trial, questions, and mocking, how did Jesus present himself before his accusers.
- What can we learn from Jesus when we are in situations that seem unfair?
Read: Matthew 27:11-23, Mark 15:1-15, John 18:28-40
2nd – 5th Grade: “Tempest” – Stories about supernatural events
Lesson: “God Sends Quail”
Scripture: Numbers 11:31-34
Key Verse: “Then a wind from the Lord sprang up, and it brought quail from the sea and let them fall beside the camp…” (verse 31)
Theme: Often, we aren’t happy with what God’s given us, or we want more and more of something instead of being thankful for what we already have. WE USE WHAT GOD PROVIDES, rather than looking for more or being selfish with it.
- Tell about a time you complained that you didn’t have enough or didn’t have what you wanted.
- Why wasn’t it wise for the Israelites to complain about the manna and then respond with greed to God’s provision of quail?
- Take inventory of what God has provided you (food, clothes, toys, etc .). How can we be more thankful for what God has given to us?
Read: Philippians 4:11-13, 19