This week's lessons for our Impact Kids
Preschool – 1st Grade: "Flip Flops" – Stories about when Jesus walked on Earth
Lesson: "Jesus Makes a Triumphal Entry"
Scripture: Matthew 21:1-11
Key Verse: "And the crowds that went before him and that followed him were shouting, “Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest!" (vs. 9)
Theme: We worship God! Jesus deserves our worship because he came to earth to die on the cross so we could live forever in heaven. He’s our Lord and Savior!
- What do you think it means to worship God?
- What do you think about worshipping God even though you can’t see him here?
- What will you do to worship God throughout the week?
2nd – 5th Grade: "Tempest" – Stories about supernatural events
Lesson: "Fire Rains on Sodom and Gomorrah"
Scripture: Genesis 19:12-29
Key Verse: "So Lot rushed out to tell his daughters' fiancés, 'Quick, get out of the city! The Lord is about to destroy it.' But the young men thought he was only joking." (verse 14, NLT)
Theme: We take God seriously. God takes sin very seriously. He takes it so seriously that he destroyed two entire cities because of sin. God also takes forgiveness very seriously, which is why he sent his only Son to die in our place. We know God is powerful, loving, and just.
- Why is it important to take God seriously?
- What have you learned from the situations and punishments that you’ve received regarding your sin?
- How have those punishments helped you learn to take sin seriously?